I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

11 October 2015

If Unicorns Were Real, Where Are They Now?





I am wearing a white T-shirt with blue writing:
Unicorn Success Club, and there’s a picture –
black head in silhouette,
a flicked-up mane and one long horn.

Where have the unicorns gone?
And what would be success for a unicorn?

I ask an angel, who says:
‘They are on their own planet now,
but they go all over the universes
clearing out areas of negative energy.’  Yes!


Written for Up Close & Personal – Micro Poetry (limit 10 lines) at 'imaginary garden with real toads'.

15 comments:

  1. From loving unicorns as a very young child, (and still do) I moved to white horses and found that they have been like sign posts in my life. If a see a white horse, then I know I am travelling as I should be. Your poem is a lovely reminder as to why that may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great sonnetina, on a topic close to my heart. I always dislike the part in the story which said the unicorns were too late to get on the ark. I do hope they are out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought that unicorns will come back one day... They are just waiting for the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smile, Rosemary. They are a very believable creature. However, I will pass until I see one.
    Our six-year-old granddaughter has one, imaginary, that she is responsible for. Once in her travels she left "Unie" behind. Not a good scene for either of them.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful thoughts indeed. Greetings and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good possibility, smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to see and touch a unicorn. May we find out where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The constructs of our fantasies are sometimes more powerful than we give them credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun thought. That t-shirt is a living sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Success for a unicorn? that someone believes and wrote them a poem, as you just have. I love the angel's response. Yay! Bring on the unicorns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so charming--and very good questions, Rosemary--what would be success for a unicorn? I don't think it would involve seven figures, but maybe four legs. k.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen UFOs, had a glimpse of a Sasquatch, live in a house rife with portals ghostly walk throughs, but the unicorns have hidden from me for now; glad you have cleared up my conundrum.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.