I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

10 October 2015

The Man in My Dream

Strangers, we recognised each other.
I can see him clearly now
(no-one I know in life –
not yet).

I can see him clearly now,
talking with me by the rock wall,
out of sight of the others.

No-one I know in life
contains that calm awareness.
Acknowledging, we nevertheless agreed –

not yet.
A brief, quiet parting, without embrace;
traversing different ways of the dreamscape.


At dVerse, in Meeting the Bar, Mary invites us to try the trimeric form.

14 comments:

  1. An interesting dreamscape ~ Perhaps, who knows, someday you will meet again ~

    Thanks for trying out this form Rosemary ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the brackets.. they add a very interesting touch to the whole poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. traversing different ways of the dreamscape.... lovely, hope for sequel.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you managed very well to have the shifted lines shift meaning doe to context. The brackets help so much...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is wonderful, Rosemary. Your poem really demonstrates the effectiveness of the trimeric form. Not yet --- but I hope..... Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, for the kind words, and also for the hope – but first he would have to manifest into real life, and I don't have any evidence that he even exists here!

      Delete
  6. Effective and beautiful use of the form. I like how you blur the lines between reality and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Gabriella.

      This was in fact entirely a dream.

      Delete
  7. Such vivid images here :D loved the closing lines.. Beautifully put :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an intriguing poem - and dream. Beautifully done, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eternity swims sweet refrain..
    All ocean fish
    So many more
    Infinite connections..

    All ocean fish
    passers by
    greet each other

    So many more
    connections stronger
    pleasing eYes dreams

    Infinite connections
    no time now..
    All we Eyes..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be pretty amazing if you came face to face with this stranger in real life someday...you never know! I like your dreamscape poem...the form suited it well, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much synchronicity about, what a lovely thought that your dream-dude could be knocking at your door wanting to read a meter or solicit your vote; or maybe lurks just below your consciousness because he is a friend & lover from a past life; intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.